Philip Morris memo on National Smokers' Alliance. Provides operating plan and budget of NSA. Notes strong membership growth. Lists expenses for membership recruitment, media, political activities, etc. Lists objectives and describes each in detail (e.g.., educating and activating members and advisors).
Page 11: 2046984462
• Continue Maryland effort against proposed smoking ban regulation.
• Test candidate questionnaire in Maryland.
• Engage directly in at least four additional states.
Page 12: 2046984463
Communications and Public Affairs Programs
• Develop "Pack It In, Pack It Out" advertising program to support sportsmen membership
• Develop smoker responsibility program (anti-litter) with pocket ashtrays as giveaway and
NSA clean machine support (localized clean-up crews for events to be developed in
conjunction with Feet On The Street).
• Apply for USDA "Keep America Beautiful" grant in conjunction with the above two
• Develop NSA Factoid Program (NSA fingertip facts) for use with both membership and
• Expand association with and enhance visibility for Accommodation Program.
• Develop NSA board profile ad campaign (Hillerman, Coffey, Salinger, Corry) for selective
publications, e.g., Hillerman in L.A. to attract other celebrity interest).
• Create research program to define NSA membership statistics and characteristics.
Page 13: 2046984464
Membership Revenue Generation
• Develop Members Catalog of NSA merchandise
• Test Telephone conversion of Feet on the Street Members
• Test Mail Conversion of Feet on the Street Members
• Test Direct Mail Campaign from non-Tobacco lists
• Develop NSA Membership benefits package