Length: 1 page
Jump To Images
Updates current status of Project Grow, denitrification of tobacco slurry for sheet production, heat treating tobacco, and the use of a laser to elucidate "Zebra stripes" on blended leaf [BL] sheet. States "human smoking of the Barclay cigarette is done at lower dilutions than achieved on the smnoking machine."
- Martin, Peter (PM Senior Scientist c. 1992)Peter Martin was an Associate Principal Scientist for Philip Morris Europe. (PMI's Introduction to Privilege Log and Glossary of Names, Estate of Burl Butler v. PMI, et al, April 19, 1996) Dr. Peter Martin worked for Philip Morris Research Center at Box 26583, Richmond, Virginia 23261 in 1975. [Butler 2021648905-13, (P.O.)]
- Design changes over timeChanges in cigarette design over the past half century.
- Elasticity and Product Control
- FTC machine testing and ratingsDesign changes to achieve altered FTC smoke machine tar and nicotine ratings, with or without measured changes in human intake.
- Introduction of new/unconventional productsResearch and development of novel nicotine delivery devices and experimental tobacco designs.
- Low-yield cigarettesModification of low yield products to assure that adequate levels of nicotine delivery are maintained, and effects of yield changes on toxicity and dependence.
- Mainstream constituent yieldsModification of selected mainstream smoke constituents in response to health concerns.
- Measuring human intakeDevelopment of scientifically valid procedures for measuring tar and nicotine levels that more accurately reflect human intake.
- Smoke constituent testingDevelopment of methods for measurement of gas and particulate yields in mainstream and sidestream smoke.
- Use of filters, paper, and ventilationModification of tobacco products through use of filters, paper, and ventilation, and measuring effects on dependence, behavior, and toxicity.
- Use of tobacco processing/ blendsModification of tobacco products through changes in tobacco processing and use of blends, and measuring effects on dependence, behavior, and toxicity.
- Smoke Control
- Delivery modification
- High impact/low tar
- Human testing
- Inhalation (Smoke inhalation)
- Low delivery (Reduced delivery)
- Per puff deliveryPer puff tar, per puff nicotine, and per puff CO
- Vent blockingBlocking of filter vents by lips or fingers
- Design Component
- Actron filter
- Air dilution channels (Filter channels)
- Blended leaf (BL)
- Bright tobacco (Flue-cured tobacco)
- Burley tobacco
- Oriental tobacco (Turkish)
- Plug wrap (Plugwrap)
- Porous tipping paper
- Project Growgrooved acetate filter
- Blends (Design)
- Filters (Design)
- Low Yield Cigarettes (Products)
- Novel Cigarette Devices (Products)
- Pressure Drop (Design)
- Puff Parameters (Measures)
- Reaction Processes (Technology)
- Smoke Constituents
- Test/Smoke Constituents (Testing)
- Test/Smoke Machine (Testing)
- Transfer to Smoke (Measures)
- Ventilation (Design)