CIAR London Meeting Participants January 19, 1993
Date: 19 Jan 1993
Length: 1 page
Jump To Images
Length: 1 page
Jump To Images
Lists name and affiliation of CIAR meeting participants, all hailing from within the tobacco industry.
- Philip Morris
- MN Depository
- Named Person
- Almqvist, Sven-Olof (Swedish Tobacco Co. Scientist)1993
- Curvall, Eva Margareta, Ph.D. (Svenska Tobaks, ETS Scientist, Research Dept.)Author of "Conjugation Pathways in Nicotine Metabolism" (1990) and "Simultaneous Determination of Nicotine and Cotinine in Plasma Using Capillary Column Gas Chromatography with Nitrogen-Sensitive Detection" (1982). She believes that metabolites in urine only account for 80-90% of nicotine injested by a subject.
- Ohkawa, Yoshihiko (JTI Smoking &Health Info. Dept. Gen. Manager, 1998)1998 General Manager in 1989. Associate Group Director, 1995. Member of ARTIST.
- Narihira, Seiji (JTI)
- Sadler, Paul A. (ITC Scientist)1993
- Porter, Alan (ITC Attorney)Solicitor
- Mill, Colin (ITC Scientist)1993
- Andrade, Anthony J. "Tony" (PM Associate General Counsel, Switzerland)Associate General Counsel for Philip Morris. Worked for Shook, Hardy and Bacon. Vice President, PM Worldwide Regulatory Affairs, 1994. Responsible for management and direction of ETS focused department. Reported to Steven Parrish, Senior VP of PM External Affairs.
- Reif, Helmut E. (PM Europe Science & Tech. Director, 1980s)Helmut Reif was Director of Science and Technology for FTR. (PMI's Introduction to Privilege Log and Glossary of Names, Estate of Burl Butler v. PMI, et al, April 19, 1996)
- Pages, Robert Alex, Ph.D. (PM scientist & researcher, c. 1980s)Robert A. Pages gave a deposition that was 25 pgs with one exhibit in the Carlisle v. Philip Morris Inc., et al case on 10/30/86 and he gave another deposition that was 207 pgs on 9/23/88 for the Rothgeb v. ATC, et al case. He was a Scientist and he worked for Philip Morris, Inc. and was born on 10/10/41 and is in infirm health. (PMI's Revised Initial Disclosure, June 27, 1996) (PMI's Introduction to Privilege Log and Glossary of Names, Estate of Burl Butler v. PMI, et al, April 19, 1996) Robert Pages, who gave depositions in 1986 and 1988, is apparently in poor health. (Alexandra Wagner, Ness, Motley letter to Grant Kaiser, 1/10/97)
- Carchman, Richard Allan, Ph.D. (PM Scientific Affairs, Research & Development VP)Philip Morris Director and worked in Scientific Affairs. Reported to Cathy ellis.
- Mueller, Lutz (RJR TI Cologne, scientist)1993
- *Green, Charles R. (use Green, Charles Raymond, Ph.D.) (RJR Chemical Division, c. 1969)
- Suber, Robert Lee, Sr., Ph.D. (RJR Health & Environmental Sciences Director)1995 USA
- Newsom, James T., ESQ. (LOR/PM Attorney, Shook Hardy & Bacon)Defense
- Gregg, Evan O. (Shook Hardy & Bacon)
- Roper, Wolfram (Reemtsma Scientist)1993
- Heck, Jonathan Daniel (LOR Life Sciences Manager, 1994)Also Diplomate, American Board of Toxicology 1995
- Spears, Alexander White, III (LOR President & CEO)Associated with CTR, used as an expert in the Mississippi case.
- Thornton, Ray E.
- Boyse [Blackie, Pellow], Sharon, Ph.D. (BAT Head of Strategic Research; aka Sharon Blackie)Mgr. Smoking Issues, BATCo Corp. Affairs Dept 1994; Dir Applied Research B&W 2001.
- Appleton, Bernard Scott, Ph.D. (BW Environmental Toxicologist, Industry Expert)Brown & Williamson Director Regulatory Affairs (1993), Director Manufacturing Quality Control (1994), Director Scientific & Regulatory Affairs (1995); Philip Morris USA Principal Scientist (2005).
- Rowland, W David (Scientific and Technical Affairs Manager, Rothmans)1998 UK. Member of ARTIST.
- Frost, Barry (Rothmans Int'l)
- Rupp, John P. (TI Communication Committee, Covington & Burling lawyer)TI Communication Committee
- Klus, Hubert (VDC scientist)1993 Scientist at Verband der Cigaretten
- Dietz, Dennis Donnelly, Ph.D. (LM Manager of Scientific Issues)
- Eisenberg, Max, Ph.D. (CIAR Director)1998
- Named Organization
- RESERCA AB
- Japan Tobacco Inc. (Japanese gov't -owned tobacco company)Japanese government -owned tobacco company, until 1994.
- Philip Morris Europe SA
- Philip Morris Incorporated (Philip Morris U.S.A.) (a wholly-owned subsidiary of Philip Morris Co., Inc.)A wholly-owned subsidiary of Philip Morris Co., Inc.
- RJR International
- R.J. Reynolds Tobacco Co. (Cigarette manufacturer (Camel, Winston, Doral))Cigarette manufacturer (Camel, Winston, Doral)
- Shook, Hardy & Bacon (Tobacco Industry law firm)Tobacco Industry law firm based in Kansas City, KS.
- Lorillard Tobacco Co. (American cigarette manufacturer)American cigarette manufacturer; makes Kent, MaxSatin, Newport, Old Gold, Style, and True cigarettes.
- *British American Tobacco Company Limited BAT (See British-American Tobacco Co.)Defense
- Brown & Williamson Industries (Cigarette manufacturer)Brown & Williamson Tobacco Corporation became Brown & Brown & Williamson Industries in 1974 (L. White, Merchants 1988). B&W brands include: Cool, Viceroy, Raleigh, Barclay, Belaire, Copre, Fact, Richland and GPC, 1976.
- Rothmans International Tobacco
- Covington & Burling (Tobacco Industry law firm)Tobacco industry law firm. Was involved in organizing the Whitecoat Project.
- Austria Tabak
- Liggett Group Inc. (American cigarette manufacturer)American cigarette manufacturer, was the first to start selling discount brands (GPC)
- Center for Indoor Air Research (CIAR) (Industry formed/funded air research organization)Nonprofit organization funded by the tobacco industry. CIAR was formed in March 1988 by tobacco companies "to sponsor "high-quality research on indoor air issues and to facilitate communication of research findings to the broad scientific community."
- United States
- Thesaurus Term
- Law Firms
- Business Meetings
- Interagency Coordination
- Indoor Air Quality
- Industry Front Groups
No images found for document.