Date: No date
Length: 1 page
Jump To Images
Length: 1 page
Jump To Images
Presnts facts/questions regarding Philip Morris and RJR information on smoking lounges/ventilation, and CIAR. Includes many handwritten notes.
- British American Tobacco Co.
- Guildford Depository
- Named Person
- Hacking, Ian G.
- *Green, Charles R. (use Green, Charles Raymond, Ph.D.) (RJR Chemical Division, c. 1969)
- Named Organization
- Philip Morris Companies Inc. (Parent company of Philip Morris USA, Kraft, Miller)America's seventh-largest industrial enterprise in 1993, owns Kraft, Miller Brewing, General Foods, and more.
- *R.J. Reynolds Tobacco Company (Cigarette manufacturer (Camel, Winston, Doral brands))Cigarette manufacturer (Camel, Winston, Doral brands)
- Coresta (Industry-affiliated Int'l scientific/research group)An international organization whose objective is "to improve cooperation in scientific research and tobacco." Consists of 186 member companies/institute from 54 countries, including tobacco, paper and filter companies, and universities engaged in tobacco research.
- Center for Indoor Air Research (CIAR) (Industry formed/funded air research organization)Nonprofit organization funded by the tobacco industry. CIAR was formed in March 1988 by tobacco companies "to sponsor "high-quality research on indoor air issues and to facilitate communication of research findings to the broad scientific community."
- *British American Tobacco Company Limited BAT (See British-American Tobacco Co.)Defense
- *EPA ( use United States Environmental Protection Agency)
- International Business Machines
- Marlboro (PM)
- Thesaurus Term
- Industry Front Groups
- Smoking Sections
Page 1: 15280310
Phillip Morris are known to have a Smoking Lounge in the airport at Atlanta GA. Persumably this is a Marlboro lounge ? Ian Hacking is known to have visited this lounge, but is it known who supported the work in terms of filters, air handling, building etc etc Phillip Morris are known to have an Air Quality Information office in New York City where advice and and information could be had, do we know anything further than I have in my possession a document called 'Developing a Smoking Lounge' issued by R J Reynolds. I understand that there are similar documents for both restaurants and bars, where can I find copies of these 9. Also do Phillip Morris have similar documents available ? "-~r~j ~ ~'~" ~ ~ R J Reynolds are also seeking to relate bio-fluids and nicotine deviratives therein ~ function of smoky room air flow I ventilation. \ Both Phiilip Morris and R J Reynolds have sought to endorse their work on reducing~ ETS in rooms by ventilation through the CORESq~scientifie subcommittee, believi.'n~ Jhat within 5 years there will be a TOTAL SMOKING BAN in public places. L~ ~ ! ~ lep~:~ ~ .~ ~)~-,~. #ll'~=~'l'llt-$ -~-., An organisation called Centre for Indoor Air Research (CIAR) exists in the USA and funded by tobacco companies other than BAT, what is known about them apart from the fact that they offer information on smoking and room ventilation 7 What is known is that the EPA will discredit any university research macl~by CIAR simply because of the tobacco company links. ! BATCo document for Kllavn Clinic ~3 D~c_~_mh~.r