Date: 23 Apr 1975
Length: 2 pages
Jump To Images
Length: 2 pages
Jump To Images
- Shinn, W.W.
- LETT, LETTER
- LEGAL DEPT FILE ROOM
- Named Organization
- Twg, Tobacco Working Group
- Named Person
- Strickler, J.
- Carter, J.
- Hoel, D.
- Kleinerman, J.
- Date Loaded
- 14 Apr 1999
- Stevens, A.J.
- 03646561-6562 S & H Re: Ad Hoc Program Advisory Group on Passive Smoking X - Reference: Re: Smoking & Health Program - NCI
- 03646563 Untitled Document 03646563
- 03646565-6568 Ad Hoc Program Advisory Group - Passive Smoking
- 03646571-6580 The National Conference on Smoking or Health: A Summary Report
- 03646582 the Changing Cigarette
- 03646583 the Health Lonsequences of Smoking the Changing Cigarette
- 03646584 'changing Cigarette'
- 03646588 Review of Final Work Group Report
- 03646589-6597 Future Strategies for the Changing Cigarette
- 03646609-6612 National Conference on Smoking or Health Developing A Blueprint for Action
- 03646613 Untitled Document 03646613
- 03646614 Review of Final Work Group Report
- 03646615-6624 Future Strategies for the Changing Cigarette
- 03646625-6627 Untitled Document 03646625/6627
- 03646631 Perspective Article
- 03646651-6653 Dup of Id 03646603-6605
- 03646657-6681 National Conference on Smoking or Health Developing A Blueprint for Action Major Recommendations of Work Group Meetings
- 03646684-6696 Remarks by Richard S. Schweiker Secretary of Health and Human Services National Conference on Smoking or Health
- 03646697-6717 National Conference on Smoking or Health Developing A Blueprint for Action Work Group Participants
- 03646720-6724 Urgent Message for Mr. Judge and Mr. Stevens
- 03646725-6729 Urgent Message for Mr. Judge and Mr. Stevens
- 03646733-6734 Untitled Document 03646733/6734
- 03646739-6760 the Changing Cigarette: A State-of-the-Art Position Paper
- 03646769 Legal
- 03646771-6772 Dr. Jack R. Carter - Autopsy Study
- 03646773-6775 Cost Estimate
- 03646776-6780 Tentative Protocol for A Study of Errors in Diagnosis
- 03646781 Western Reserve Autopsy Study
- 03646784 Proposed Special Scientific Project Autopsy Diagnosis of Lung Cancer Western Reserve
- 03646785-6789 Proposal to Review Clinical, Surgical and Autopsy Diagnosis of Lung Cancer
Page 1: ahp20e00
oU Y, 4~~1, 1 L lAW Ct r1CEG SHOOK, HARDY & BACON rRANK F sCDRCe (es.-tv+o) 9AM 9. scaRCt reee-IVae) COOAR sNOOR ~laQ+-IYTO) VIO R, w RDY CHARLES L.lACON OAVID H. CLARR LAN[ O. OAUCR fRANR P. ~LDRCC FREOERICK aCIHL WILLIAM W.3 MINN JOMM C.DOD3 nA MOCL EVCRETT A-OL1O1 JR- JOHN T MAEIIN DAV/D W DNiMN WILLIAM A. W .UGHJR- LCe C a .M OAV/D R.TNA~'.OY O WILLIAM 0. IMMERMAN RO9ERT E N ]RTHRIP PAYRICw Mc >RN6Y NARVEY L-R-LAN JOHN C MOI ICA CNARLCS R. vALL ]AM L, COLV'sLC oLNe C. VOIO Is 915 GRAND AVENUE KANSAS CITY "I-,SOUR1 64100 (616) 474-6550 April 23, 1975 Arthur J. Stevens, Esq. Vice President and General Counsel ' Lorillard Corporation 200 East 42nd Street New York, New Yor k 10017 Dear Arthur: appears on packages and in advertising, Jaw[s w,OTTUwN OICOUMS[L RU55ELL !. NODLET LOOAN J- WILSON JAMES T-NCW~OM 9fC.M[n D A~IDER LCO P DRCYER WAgHINOTON,D. C-OFIICC SU/TE ISlO t77C K STREET, N, W, WASHINOTON, O, C, 20000 `202) 331-076> PATRICK M,9IRRIDOC MARLOW W COOK DAV/D R MORR/D WILL,AM M. HOILCs ALLeN !-RU3]CLL W.aMIMOTOMGOU.f4 Thank you for the "over promotion" drug material. e are continually concerned that through advertising or therwise a cigarette manufacturer might become vulnerable to similar attack notwithstanding the current warning that The status report on the smoking and health program jects and found the material very helpful. and policies and procedures manual were most welcome. I have been trying to kEep abreast of the Tobacco Working Group pro- You incuired in January of this year with regard to ork nor (b) that Dr. Kleinerman has reached any final con- an autopsy study by, among others, Dr. Jerome Kleinerman. Don Hoel has recentll visited with Dr. Kleinerman and it does not appear (a) that this will have any effect on Dr. Jack Carter's lusions with respect to the study reported. full report on this if you like. U V : ~ ~ ,r~'d C Don can give you $C Thank you for your prompt response on Dr. Seltzer. He was of great assistance in providing a response to certain heart disease remarks contained in the NCAB recommendations to the White House. ~ REDACTED ~
Page 2: ahp20e00
c SHOOK, HARDY & BAC ON C REDACTED I borrowed one of Janice Strickler's studies. Could Arthur J. Stevens, Esq. April 23, 1975 Page 2 you check to see if she would like for me to send it back? it in If I have forgotten to cover anything, I will get to in the next installment. I am looking forward to seeing you New York and at the Greenbrier. Best personal regards. Sincerely, William W. Shinn WWS/rf O W ~. ~A. ~ ~ ~ C1T