the PM Open Wire
Date: Aug 1967 (est.)
Length: 1 page
Jump To Images
Length: 1 page
Jump To Images
- MARKETING/BASEMENT GMP
- PROM, PROMOTIONAL MATERIAL
- PHOT, PHOTOGRAPH
- Named Organization
- Friedman Tobacco
- Lord Baltimore Candy & Tobacco
- Modern Tobacco
- Springer & Burkland
- Master ID
- 01818736-8793 Competitive Cigarette Activity 670000 Trade Advertising
- 01818744 Where the Action Is
- 01818745 Where the Action Is
- 01818746 Where the Action Is
- 01818747 Where the Action Is
- 01818748 Happy Holiday Where the Holiday Action Is
- 01818750 Winston No. 1
- 01818752 Two Great New Sales Performers
- 01818754 New Super King Size Salem
- 01818758 the Fine Art of Flavor
- 01818760 What Can Compact-Impact Merchandising Do for Your Razor Blade and Tobacco Departments?
- 01818762 Spend A Weekend in Marlboro Country with US.
- 01818768 Quality Sells Americans
- 01818770 America's 100mm Cigarettes Still at Popular Filter Prices
- 01818772 Why Display Your Cigarettes Like This?
- 01818776 If You Can't Stop the Ringing in Your Ears ...
- 01818780 Growing Places.
- 01818781 Are We Handing You the Same Old Line.
- 01818783 We Shook'um Up in Hawaii
- 01818785 Only A Silly Millimeter Longer
- 01818787 L & M Golden 100's Invites You to Happening.
- 01818789 the Crisp Keen Taste of the Northland. New L&M Menthol Tall. 100 Millimeters Tall.
- 01818793 Rave Notices Create A Wave of Sales
Page 1: bqx40e00
C ThiPM Open Wire ,- ~ What are your experiences in dealing with corporate chain supermarket accounts? k h Edward L. Packer Modern Tobacco Co. Port Chester, New York "We find the chains aree happy using,us as a supplier because we can save them money. By using us they save warehouse spacethey don't have to, mke out any state reports, and there is a big,saving on insurance rates. These are, just a few of the many savings we offer the chains." Williarn Orenstein Friedman Tobacco Co. Milwaukee, Wisconsin "Friedman Tobacco's ex- cellent experience with the supermarket chains has been directly relat'ed to our understanding and satisfac- tion of their needh. "We are ever mindful of their desire to operate so that they enjoy as large a number ofi inventory turns as possible and our service is so directed. "Our responsibility ini maintai'ning saJable nationally-advertised merchandising quantities does not cease with delivery-everything is unconditionally guaranteed. This concern for 'selll through' has enabled us to develop the confidence and' good relations with our many accounts over the years." obert Kartman Lord Baltimore Candy and Tobacco Co. Baltimore, Maryland "Contrary to general con- cept, servicing chain super- markets is not difficultMutual integrity and coop- eration are necessary. Rendering proper service is mandatory." obert E. Springer Springer-Burkland Co. Peoria, Illi'nois "While we believe that we service all of our customers very well, the chains do re- ceive some extra attention. Butwe feel that it i's justified by the higher volume of sales. We have alsolfound their demands to be reasonable andl their coopera- tion good in alll respects. Delivery is no particular problem, as orders are generally delivered to one warehouse at our convenience." Q ._1F-Ly New Benson & Hedges Ment~hol 100's will be just as fantastic a seller as B& H Regular 100's! Are youi ready for the big demand that will make this thee hottest-selling "cool" cigarette on the market? Be, prepared. Stock up on New Benson & Hedges Menthol 100's. Philip Morris ' Incorporated Makers of America's finest cigarettes