[Memo Regarding Dr. Theodor D. Sterling]
Length: 1 page
Jump To Images
Encloses copy of a letter and a research paper received by Dr. Sterling. Notes that Dr. Sterling recently presented paper at an American Association for the Advancement of Science meeting. Suggests circulation of the document "to your senior people who are interested in the Smoking and Health controversy." No enclosures included.
- Canadian Tobacco Manufacturers Council
- LaPorte, L.C. (ITC Exec. VP)Defense
- Hawkes, R.H.
- Lombard, C.
- Ricard, L.E.
- Stewart, D.Defense
- Holtzman, Alexander (PM Asst General Counsel. 1975-85.)
- Named Person
- Sterling, Theodor D., PhD (Industry Consultant, Statistician Applied Mathematics)Theodor Sterling was a statistician with Simon Fraser University, Canada. He is listed as a consulting scientist for the tobacco industry in 1988 memo PM 2023034933/4946 from Andrew Whist to R. Murray. Sterling presented the industry's point of view at indoor air symposia in Tokyo, 1987 and in the U.K. in 1988.Industry Consultant and CTR Special Project recipient.
- Named Organization
- Simon Fraser University
- American Association for the Advancement of Science
- Benson and Hedges (Benson & Hedges (elite cigarettes, 1948))A small, elite cigarette company in NY, NY in 1948.
- Imperial Tobacco Ltd. (Cigarette manufacturer in United Kingdom)Cigarette manufacturer in United Kingdom
- Macdonald Tobacco Inc.
- Pall Mall Canada, Ltd.
- British Columbia
- Smoking and Health Controversy
- AAAS Meeting
- Thesaurus Term
- research activity
- industry sponsored research
- industry activity