[Memo Regarding Doctors Freedman and Brotman]
Length: 1 page
Jump To Images
Encloses proposals, budgets, curricula vitae, and bibliographies from Doctor Freedman and Dr. Brotman. Recommends approval for their proposals, noting that "the total cost for the two years would be $400,000." States that both Janet Brown and Bill Shinn also recommend approval. Requests a response "by early December." No enclosures attached.
- Jacob, Edwin J. (CTR Special Projects, key legal strategist)Key legal strategist in many capacities, including Jacob, Medinger & Finnegan (CTR). Career stems from 1950's. CTR Special Projects.
- Roemer, H.C.
- Ahrensfeld, Thomas F. (PM General Counsel & Sr. VP, TI Executive Committee)TI Executive committee
- Greer, Joseph H. (LM Gen. Counsel, Asst. Secretary 1972-74)J. H. Greer was employed by Liggett & Myers, Inc. and served as Assistant Secretary from 1972 to 1974. (Source: L&M, et al Summary of Officers & Directors - LGI/LTC Liability Notebook.) Joseph H. Greer is former General Counsel for Liggett & Meyers.
- Henson, A.American, General
- Pepples, Ernest, J.D. (BW General Counsel and Sr. VP)
- Stevens, Arthur Joseph (LOR Sr. VP '89-95 and TI Communications)Served on Lorillard Board of Directors 1985-92, was Senior Vice President from 1989 to 1995, served as General Counsel for Lorillard '93-95. Served on Tobacco Institute Communications Committee.
- Brown, J.
- Bryant, D.
- Crohn, M.H. Jr
- Holtzman, Alexander (PM Asst General Counsel. 1975-85.)
- Pollack, L.
- Shinn, W.
- Named Person
- Freedman, Alfred Dr.
- Brotman, Richard E., M.D. (CTR Special Projects, Psychiatrist, Ctr. for Comp. Health Pr)
- Named Organization
- Jacob, Medinger & Finnegan (Directed CTR Special Projects)They have knowledge and/or participated directly in the tobacco industry's suppression of scientific research, directed the Center for Tobacco Research (CTR) special projects and conspired to wrongfully employ the attorney/client, and/or attorney work product privileges to prevent the production of tobacco industry documents.
- New York
- Curricula vitae
- Budget proposals
- Thesaurus Term
- industry sponsored research
- tobacco industry scientists
- tobacco industry lawyer