For Use by AHT in Responding to Questions Regarding Ingredients
Length: 1 page
Jump To Images
Assures "we have tested every ingredient Lorillard uses in its products and we are confident they are safe and suitable for use". Indicates six member review panel concludes "there is no evidence that any ingredient added to cigarette tobacco produces harmful effects under the condition of use in cigarettes". Cites data regarding parts-per-million concentrations of ingredients by major category in cigarettes. Includes editing in marginalia and notes: "This is a first draft to be reviewed by you and by C&B/SH&B [Covington & Burling/Shook, Hardy & Bacon]".
- Draft material
- Named Person
- Spears, Alexander White, III (LOR President & CEO)Associated with CTR, used as an expert in the Mississippi case.
- Stevens, Arthur Joseph (LOR Sr. VP '89-95 and TI Communications)Served on Lorillard Board of Directors 1985-92, was Senior Vice President from 1989 to 1995, served as General Counsel for Lorillard '93-95. Served on Tobacco Institute Communications Committee.
- Named Organization
- Shook, Hardy & Bacon (Tobacco Industry law firm)Tobacco Industry law firm based in Kansas City, KS.
- Covington & Burling (Tobacco Industry law firm)Tobacco industry law firm. Was involved in organizing the Whitecoat Project.
- Lorillard Inc. (American cigarette manufacturer)American cigarette manufacturer
- Processing aids
- Federal level
- Thesaurus Term
- cigarette additive
- cigarette design
- health effects
- human subject
- industry response
- legislative event
- tobacco industry structure
- Sugars (Additives)Glucose/Invert Sugar/Fructose/Sucrose