[Regarding Furst's CTR Special Project Proposal on Effects of Asbestos and Benzo(a)pyrene in Lungs of Mice]
Length: 1 page
Jump To Images
Transmits Furst's proposal to continue "studying the effects of asbestos and benzo(a)pyrene on the lungs of mice", along with his curriculum vitae and budget. Recommends funding as Council for Tobacco Research (CTR) Special Project (attachments missing).
- Shinn, William W. (TI Communications; Shook, Hardy, CTR Attorney)TI Communications Committee and was also a lawyer for CTR. William W. Shinn worked for Shook, Hardy & Bacon.
- Author (Organization)
- Shook, Hardy & Bacon (Tobacco Industry law firm)Tobacco Industry law firm based in Kansas City, KS.
- Ahrensfeld, Thomas F. (PM General Counsel & Sr. VP, TI Executive Committee)TI Executive committee
- Greer, Joseph H. (LM Gen. Counsel, Asst. Secretary 1972-74)J. H. Greer was employed by Liggett & Myers, Inc. and served as Assistant Secretary from 1972 to 1974. (Source: L&M, et al Summary of Officers & Directors - LGI/LTC Liability Notebook.) Joseph H. Greer is former General Counsel for Liggett & Meyers.
- Hetsko, Cyril F. (VP of ATC; CTR Director)Vice President and General Counsel for American Tobacco. Served on the Executive Committee as a CTR Director.
- Pepples, Ernest, J.D. (BW General Counsel and Sr. VP)
- Roemer, Henry C. (Jack) (RJR VP; CTR Director)RJR in 1958. He served as Vice President & General Counsel of RJR Legal Dept. in 1970, Senior Vice President & General Counsel of their Legal Dept. 1972-1983, and retired in 1986. Board of Directors 1972-1983; as Senior Vice President, General Counsel, and Secretary from 1982 to the present, as RJR Tobacco Secretary & Director 1958-1970; and as Vice President and General Counsel in 1970.
- Stevens, Arthur Joseph (LOR Sr. VP '89-95 and TI Communications)Served on Lorillard Board of Directors 1985-92, was Senior Vice President from 1989 to 1995, served as General Counsel for Lorillard '93-95. Served on Tobacco Institute Communications Committee.
- Brown, Janet C. (CTR Director, Attorney, Chadbourne & Parke)CTR Director 1/31/81
- Bryant, DeBaun (CTR Director, BW Attorney)DeBaun Bryant was employed by Brown & Williamson Tobacco Corporation and served as Director for the Council for Tobacco Research 1/31/75, 1/30/76, 1/28/77, 1/27/78 and 1/27/79. He was also a Board Member of the University of Kentucky Tobacco & Health Research Institute in 1979 and 1980.
- Crohn, Max H., Jr. (RJR Attorney, General Counsel, CTR Director)Max H. Crohn Jr. was the former General Counsel for R.J. Reynolds and he worked for Jacob, Medinger & Finnegan.
- Holtzman, Alexander (PM Asst General Counsel. 1975-85.)
- Jacob, Edwin J. (CTR Special Projects, key legal strategist)Key legal strategist in many capacities, including Jacob, Medinger & Finnegan (CTR). Career stems from 1950's. CTR Special Projects.
- Pollack, Lester (LOR Exec. VP, Secretary & Gen. Counsel)Employed by Loew's Corp. as Vice President, 1971. Senior Vice President 1972-74, Exec. VP 1975-78. Served on Board of Directors 1971-95, was employed by Loews Theater, Inc.
- Named Person
- Furst, Arthur, Ph.D., Sc.D. (Toxicologist, U of CA, San Francisco, Industry Expert)
- Named Organization
- Council for Tobacco Research - USA (CTR) (Formerly Tobacco Industry Research Committee (TIRC))Originally organized as the Tobacco Industry Research Committe(TIRC) in 1954, and renamed Council for Tobacco Research - USA, Inc. (CTR) in 1964.
- CTR Special Projects
- Thesaurus Term
- animal model
- industry sponsored research
- smoke constituent
- tobacco industry structure